Thursday, October 18, 2012

Frankenmuth Chicken

One of my favorite places in the world is Frankenmuth, MI. It just feels like you aren't even in Michigan, the sights, smells, and locals are just fabulous. I haven't been there in years, but I remember their CHICKEN! There are a few restaurants (The Bavarian Inn and Zehnders) known for their famous chicken dinners. This seasoning is SO similar to what they make that when I whipped it up for dinner one night with some hollandaise sauce, it was literally a memory in my mouth! I seasoned chicken breast cutlets with this mixed with a TB of flour to "dredge" it, and then pan-fried them in a few TB of oil. Buttered egg noodles were made, with a TB of the frankenmuth chicken seasoning mixed in, parmesan cheese put on top, and then placed into a 350 oven for about 15 minutes to help it all get together! PS- Knorr's makes a fantastic hollandaise packet mix ;)

 
I will be posting recipes more often on Tuesdays now, so keep your eye out! I've
joined up with 33 Shades of Green's TASTY TUESDAYS 



1 comment:

  1. Hey, so what's the deal? You just make this like normal fried chicken? Like do you take the chicken and dip it in regular flour after you put some water on it, then dip it in egg wash and use the Frankenmuth chicken coating? I'm going to actually try making this in an air fryer.

    ReplyDelete