Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quick Pickles!




Sorry this is more of a summer recipe.... but I love pickles year-round! In august I attempted to tackle refridgerator pickles (a bucket-list item, actually) - and they were a SUCCESS! =)

There's just something about that tangy, crunchy little slice that just screams SUMMER! I love kosher dill. What makes it "kosher"? It does not mean it is a jewish recipe, made by jewish dietary guidelines. The difference between just regular "dill" pickles and "kosher dill" is that there is both garlic AND dill added to the brine.

Without further adieu, here is my quick pickle reciple! This recipe will make you 2 pints. It can easily be doubled, quadroupled ;)




 
special thanks to Ted Allen's refrigerator pickles at foodnetwork.com for
inspiring this recipe. I've tweaked it to suit my tastes, but he at least gave
a clue on how to do the whole fridge-canning thing! he also put cauliflower,
carrots, and other veggies in his mix. let me know if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment