Monday, July 9, 2012

Anniversary Day-date!


I posted *last Thursday* that it was our 4th anniversary =) For anniversaries, I reallly like to stick with "traditional" gift-giving. I'm a little ol' fashioned & corny. 4th year gifts are: flowers and fruit (traditional); silk/linens/cloth (modern). This has been the hardest year for me to plan. Last month we picked up a grill for each other, for our anniversary...so no gifting was necessary but I still wanted to incorporate these traditions into our day. My hubby isn't a big flower OR fruit fan, and there isn't much clothing needed. I tried to find silky-type of boxers, but it was harder than I thought (I'm guessing because it isn't the holidays). And I also wanted to go DO something, not just dinner. I was driving one day and it hit me (because I passed it on the road): we could go to Hidden Lake Gardens. It is run by Michigan State University, and for a small fee you get into their beautiful grounds with hiking trails, picnic areas, and gorgeous views.


I then decided to pair it with a picnic of our favorite things: roast beef sandwiches (his), chocolate dipped strawberries (mine, but done in milk chocolate as is his fave), and rice homemade krispy treats (his). Along with ice water and we were packed! I did this all in secret, getting up before he left for work and having everything ready by the time he was home. He was happily caught off guard. It was such a simple date, yet needed! Being around a 3 year old constantly, the QUIET serenity of the gardens was ahhhh-mazing ;) We we almost rushed because storms were rolling in but we hiked 1 mile, and took cover when it rained in the tropical greenhouses.

You don't always have to spend $40-50 each year for your anniversary, sometimes a quick quiet get-away is just as fulfilling! It would also be super romantic to do a NIGHT picnic, take some blankets, citronella candle, and go gaze at the stars! What are some of your favorite, easy date ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment