Monday, July 9, 2012

Mal-Monday Facts


Can you read this? Good. You and I are some of the lucky ones. Admittedly, I had been completely oblivious to the news of today being Malware Monday. *hope* that means it's just my rigorous computer cleaning & safety I take. About a year or so ago, international hackers implanted a virus/malware into thousands of computers, to lay dormant until today. 250,000 computers were affected worldwide. It was meant to cut off internet. And for many, it did. The government created a website to offer solutions (there is much controversy with that as well, saying it's a "Big Brother" move).

Cnet.com is a great place to find free antivrus/malware/cleaning downloads. Avast, Avira, CCCleaner are among some of my favorites. I run quick scans weekly, deep scans bi-weekly, and cleaning every other week as well. Hope you all have as afe day on the internet!

sources:
*FoxNews*
*Cnet*

No comments:

Post a Comment