Tuesday, March 13, 2012

DIY His&Hers Frosty Mugs

Spring is just starting, and with that comes flowers, gardening, and sitting out on the porch at then end of the day with a nice cool glass of your favorite beverage. My husband's might be coke & jack, mine sweet tea =)
I cannot believe in just a few short days he will be home finally! It has truly felt like it would never come, with the usmc saying he'd be able to come home in October, then no, then maybe around thanksgiving, and it changed again to no...the constant "waiting game" that we thought we were use to but oh so obviously wasn't. Here is one of the little surprises I have up my sleeve for him. It's more for my entertainment, but he HAS been hinting around for a frosty mug ;)
The great thing about this craft is it only cost me $2.00, these cute frosty mugs are in different bright colors at the Dollar Tree store this spring! They have a lid with a straw as well. I used puffy type of craft paint (read the bottle it should say it can be used for crafts with plastic as well)... and if you don't have any it's relatively cheap to buy! I did the Mr. & Mrs. by hand (could be changed obviously to His&Hers if you aren't married), and put red glitter on the Mrs. Lips! So cute! It helped the red paint POP against the hot pink cup. Link to me if you do this, I'd love to see your mugs!
Participating in my first "link party" this Tuesday from cute blog: Reasons to Skip The Housework ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love these! AND only 2.00!
    Come visit us at Happy Homes!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Really can't beat it! I'm going to do friendship ones for my mom & her best friend =)
      Thanks for taking a peek! =)
      ~Steph

      Delete