Sunday, March 4, 2012

Niece Sleep Over

One blessing about being home in MI again that I try to take full advantage of is being there for my niece and nephews. The Marine Corps has kept us 'sheltered' from their lives for a good 4 years. Our family has had over 11 boys born in the past 5 years as well, and with my niece being the oldest at 9 years, she can sometimes feel left to the sidelines. Now that I am home I really am trying to make sure I give her some one-on-one time at least every other month. Friday was Dr. Seuss' 108th birthday and her school had a fun olympics day event. The elementary gym was decorated in cute pom trees and bright colored banners. Each class was a team and wore a specific color. It was so cute watching them relay, jump thru hoops, and just have a crazy day. I wasn't expecting, however, for a teacher to grab me to participate-RING THE YAK (I failed, miserably), but I tried my best thru my embarassment =)



Since it was a half day, I took my niece home for a sleepover. I've forgotten what it's like to be that age, we did the ChaChaSlide, Cupid Shuffle, and Macarena at least 20 times~each. Hopefully next week the scale will reflect that, since my muscles are killing me! She picked out 4 colors of nail polish and I painted a design on her fingernails. I would have done her toes, but my son had a stomach ache and distracted me a little. While he was napping we went to the mall, tried on some sparkly clothes. And into Bath&Body Works, where we took the red ribbons and literally tried all the sprays. Since her mom isn't a fan of any body spray or perfume, I let her pick out their nice smelling hand sanitizer with a bedazzled carrier for her backpack. The night ended with lots of pizza, breadstix, cinnastix, and her choice of movies: Dolphin Tale & Mr. Popper's Penguins (so cute).

No comments:

Post a Comment