Monday, March 5, 2012

A Teardrop Falls...

A Teardrop Falls... this is the little sign taped to one single door in the delivery section of a hospital. I go in, someone excitedly passing me by with cute colorful baloons and a stuffed animal, their faces excited with the newness of this joy that has been given to their family as they rush to their loved one's room. Most of the time the labor & delivery rooms are happy, loving filled area. My feet sounded loud, my heart, even louder. My cousin had lost her baby at 38 weeks, and had just been induced that morning after waiting 3 days. 3 days, listening to babies first few hours of whimpering, families happy celebrations, knowing she would not be able to experience that no matter how much all of us wanted to turn back time. I cannot imagine the torture she must be going thru. She is holding up so strong. She's told us she is just trying to retain composure until the baby is delievered. At 7 last night she was only dialated at 2-3cm. The doctor promised one way or another the baby would be out tonight. My heart just hurts for her. I wished there was more to do, she thanked me and said the company was appreciated more than she could give words to everyone...because she hated the hours late at night when she was finally alone to try and "sleep." Many, many prayers and good thoughts are needed for her please.

No comments:

Post a Comment