Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY: Jean Spring Wreath




As I posted last week, I said I'd be working on a few spring wreaths. Here is one of them! Not only is this budget friendly (Mine cost just $1), it is total country chic! Lying in my scrap fabric bag was a pair of jeans. I try to save a few here & there that cannot go to charity, it had holes in unmentionable places (use to be my "workin outside" pair). When the dollar tree started rolling out all the new stuff for spring, I seen some basic wicker wreaths, and grabbed about 4 of them 2 big, & 2 small. A family friend has been slowing giving me her stash of fake flowers (I keep saying no, I don't need anymore, but somehow they end up in a car). The last carload brought some cute white daisy's - MY FAVE FLOWER!

You will need:
Some sort of basic wreath (check dollar tree, goodwill)
1 pair of old jeans (I only used 1 leg)
hot glue
Fake flowers of your choice

1. Cut the jeans into long strips. Hot glue 1 strip to the 'back' of your wreath, trying to hide it. Begin wrapping the strip around, slightly overlapping, gluing every few inches or so to secure it.
2. Once the wreath is covered, snip off some flower heads and decide your layout (the old wives tale of floral arranging is to have an ODD number of flowers, it's bad luck to have and even amount). If you are happy with how it looks, glue them into place!
3. I cut the tiny little pocket from the jeans, glued a piece of cardboard to the back, and then put it onto the wreath as well. I'd love to put something inside of it, just not sure yet.

=) Your wreath is finished! You could also glue some ribbon to the back to "hang" it from, that would be super cute too, or if you had a thicker wreath that won't hook into a hanger. Mine was only about an inch thick.

If you do this, I'd love to see it! Link back to me or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment