Monday, March 5, 2012

Tuscan Chicken Recipe



This is my most requested dinner from family & friends. Something about it is so unique. The first time I made it, I was quite nervous. My husband isn't a fan of beans unless they're baked or in ham soup, and my son is the typical picky toddler. I made it under 45 minutes before I left for zumba one night, and had it warm for when they were ready to eat. I came back home that night to only half a thigh left for me, I had made 4 for us. My son & husband both had second helpings they love it that much! Hopefully you love it as much we do!

INGREDIENTS (serves 3-4, depending on how many thighs you make)

3-4 chicken thighs, skinned

1 TB olive oil

1 onion, thinly sliced

1 red bell pepper (or half large one), seeded and sliced thin (you want all veggies sliced same size roughly)

1 green bell pepper (or half large one), seeded and sliced thin

1 garlic clove, crushed&minched (or 1 heaping TB jarred minced garlic is just fine)

1/2 C chicken broth

1-3 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp dried parsley

1/2 can cannellini beans, drained (white kidney beans, if you make more than 4 thighs use whole can)

Adobo seasoning and pepper to season chicken

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high. Season chicken with adobo (little goes a long way) and pepper and fry chicken until golden brown and done (if they're thicker thighs put a lid on the skillet to help them cook). Remove and keep warm. Add the onion and peppers to the pan and gently saute until softened, but not brown. Stir in the garlic.

2. Add the chicken broth, oregano, parsley. Taste, season with S&P if desired. Stir in the beans and Re-add the chicken, heat through. Serve & Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment